Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Really? Cool!
big_smile.png
I do have smallish hands, but I noticed they're not too much smaller than the ones from the market. You have Delawares-- I've heard they lay larger eggs. True in your experience?

They are supposed to lay large to jumbo eggs. The ones I've seen so far have been about medium. Waiting for my really big ones to come along but then my girls are very young yet.

I didn't know that, thanks!
big_smile.png
I read that they develop with age too. Funny, these were all fertile! The cochin is a ladies man!

My question is "when" should the size improve...all my girls lay eggs between 1.4 and 1.7 ounces, but they are "supposed" to lay large eggs. How long does it take to improve the egg sizes? They are 26 weeks this week and have been laying since 18, 22, and 25 weeks.

Here it is, its not a chicken egg though its from my Pekin duck. Everyday her eggs get bigger they don't fit in a regular egg carton, I can't even shut the lid! This egg was a double yoker too!!

76490_imag0160.jpg

Quote:
As they get older the eggs get larger. I know my new girls are laying normal size chicken eggs now and we started out with robin eggs when they first started laying.

download

Sorry this pic is so big! I took it with my cell phone. These are my first two eggs. The hens weren't sitting on them so I am not sure who laid what! So excited to have them for breakfast in the morning
droolin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom