Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture of our first eggs (1 from California White, 2 from Americanas). It was a bit touch and go since our chickens were 30 weeks old or so and with a cold spell in California in October we were not seeing any signs of laying. Then all of a sudden, like at a fire works show, they kept coming every day. I am tracking now on my iPhone how many eggs we've gotten since Oct 2011 and we are at 170 eggs to date (we have 5 chickens). So glad I decided to raise chickens. It is so much fun and rewarding!
D.gif

DH & I are absolutely thrilled!!!
20 Weeks, 4 Days & our very first egg. Meet Mom, Dad, & Baby

Dad - Rudy the Roo - BO - so far very gentlemanly. The other girls don't enjoy his "company" yet. :)

Mom - Sweet Clarita - RIR (thought she was a puppy for a while the way she follows us around)

And the "baby" laid today at 10 AM

Last edited:
My 1st egg from my bantam cochins who are 33 weeks old today. Next to the store bought medium egg I don't think she did too bad on size. And when they get going there will be no more store bought eggs !!! :)

Hello we rehomed 2 hens 4 months old in a hour of puting them in there new home betty our Rhode Island red
pooped a egg out for us :D

Hi,

I have had three hens for about about a month now. Two of the three have been laying very regulary. Well today my last hen finally laid her first egg. I had been thinking she was an Easter Egger but was not sure. Well, there is not much dought left for me now. I got a beautiful light green egg from her. I am glad. We were starting to wonder if she ever would. Please let me know of what you think. I have her egg with all the other eggs I have gotten over the last week.

I got my first solid egg, with shell today!!! My Australorp, Ethel started laying at 20 weeks and two days. I first found a broken egg, so no picture. My assumption is she didn't realize they were coming so she let it go while sleeping on her perch. Then an egg without a shell, also dropped while on a perch, but it didn't break.

And today, an egg with a shell she decided to lay in her nesting box instead of while perched.
celebrate.gif

My EE took forever to lay!!! I knew she'd lay on a holiday!! But I think she was trying to tease me because she laid on New Years day..Haha
Hi,

I have had three hens for about about a month now. Two of the three have been laying very regulary. Well today my last hen finally laid her first egg. I had been thinking she was an Easter Egger but was not sure. Well, there is not much dought left for me now. I got a beautiful light green egg from her. I am glad. We were starting to wonder if she ever would. Please let me know of what you think. I have her egg with all the other eggs I have gotten over the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom