Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my very first egg!!!!!!!! We were so excited to find it. I put the girls away for the night and didnt check the nestboxs. Hubby decided to go check and he quickly called me outside. He shined the light in the box and..... nothing. AGH mean. Then he laughed and shined the light to the other box and there it was so tiny and cute. I ran in and showed our 3 daughters who check the boxes religiously. I felt bad we didnt leave it there til morn for them to find it. But we got one and are stoked. We found this egg on tues, no egg wed, watched and waited while our white plymouth rock laid her egg on thurs collect still warm, and no egg on fri. Poor kids check a hundred times a day. Cant wait til we can start bringing out the egg basket to collect many a day.

I have 6 Rhode Island Reds, they were labeled "red pullets" at the Tractor Supply back in early march this year when I started this venture. Today I received my first reward! I am not sure which of these lovely ladies gifted me today, but I am so grateful and excited!

Behind the basket in the corner on the floor is where the egg was layed, they kick the basket all around :)

These are our first eggs from our 16 week old ISA Browns. We are thrilled as you can imagine! One was even a double yolker!

Our first egg. This is from our "cherry egger" Annie.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom