Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a silver-laced wyandotte, cuckoo maran, and auracauna. I collected my very first egg last week (far right, and yes, I blew out the egg so that I could keep the shell. I was just sooo proud of my first ever "home grown" egg!), and the other three I collected over the weekend. Is the darker brown egg from my maran? or just a different shade from my wyandotte?

My Barred Rock is named Roxy, too! I had to name them all similar to their breeds so I could remember who was who. First time chicken owner.
wink.png

From 16.5 week old tetra tint, we weren't expecting eggs for at least 2 more weeks!

Last edited:
We became new chicken owners on 3/31 when we brought home 5 chicks from Big R. A Brown Leghorn, named Chipmunk; a White Leghorn, named Marshmallow; a Silver-laced Wyandotte, named Dandelion; a Gold-laced Wyandotte, named Rose; and a Buff Orpington, named Popcorn.

Tonight (7/20) when I went out to tuck them into their coop for the night, I found our first egg! :) I'm 99.9% sure it came from Marshmallow (the White leghorn.)

Here it is amongst some normal sized eggs that our friends' chickens laid, next to a quarter, and being held by my 10 year old daughter who has now designated herself as the egg checker. lol

Hopefully I resized the images correctly...

ETA I believe that Marshmallow is about 18 weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom