Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone would have told me 4 months ago that soon I would be running around the backyard and screaming over a chicken egg I would have laughed my tail off! My Henrietta has been fussy and squatting for me, but I was not looking for eggs when I took frozen blueberries down at lunch. I had to do a double take, when there on the floor of the coop was a perfect, brown egg! How exciting! And in this day in age it's wonderful that the power of nature still awes and amazes! By the way she is just about 19 weeks and is a Golden Comet. Her other coop members need to catch up!

Introducing the now Hen - Henrietta

And her 1st egg!

Comparison to a store bought... I'm so proud!

YAY!
wee.gif

My lovely black pekin just laid our first egg!

Compared to super market "Jumbo" size

How i found it

And the proud pullet:)

Thank you philbfarm! A bit ago I heard loud clucking, went outside and our little Scarlett has laid her first little egg as well, lol! And i see Sally is in her box again!

I'm not sure what to do.... Will they just keep laying? Should I leave the eggs with them for awhile?

So much to learn!
hmm.png

Our 1st Egg...we are so excited!!

This is next to a store extra large egg...I think we did good for the 1st
wee.gif

I got my first egg 4 days ago from one of my buff orp 3 hens. I've had an egg each day since then. I'm positive all 3 girls are laying. They are perfect little eggs... how long before they start laying normal size eggs? I can see that most of the first eggs are small like mine. Aren't they beautiful.... now my girls are earning their keep.
clap.gif

My daughter saw this picture and wanted to know if I planned on eating my eggs or decorating with them.

We got our first egg from our EE with the slate legs. Unfortunately, it wasn't blue as I had hoped. It's not quite as green as the other eggs though, so at least there's a little variety. That's two down and four to go. I'm excited to see what the other colors will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom