Post Your Game Cam Pics Here!!!

Sambar are cool, their horn configuration is so different. Much more upright. They are a variety of Swamp deer right? Like their water?
The Rocky Mountain Elk is a bit bigger then the Sambar I think, or at least taller. Altho I dont set much stock to what the internet tells about weights cause I work at the local meat cutter during hunting season and 90% of elk that come in are about 200 + lbs over what wikipedia sets as their max weight... and thats our local strain of RMs(which are considered small). Bulls from an area only a couple of hours from here west(much greener region) beat ours by couple hundred pounds.

Love seeing those bulls visiting our farm, the past 2 years they've been hunted hard and I havent seen the elk last year at all and only a handful the previous one..... which is sad, from the herd of 80 cows and 6 or more decend bulls we use to have down to 7 cows and those bulls pictured.

fancyfowl4ever, those are some interesting pics. We don't have elk this south. I noticed they are a bit beefier than white-tails. I think your cam-licker is in that last photo with his tongue sticking out! Thanks for posting. I enjoy looking.

The Sambar around here were introduced from India and have bred up a lot the last few wet years. The ones I have seen look as big as a horse.
Wiki says they weigh up to 1200 lbs. It's all State Park back of my farm so they arent hunted at all. I have never been able to get pics in daylight- I think they are mainly nocturnal.

fancyfowl4ever, those are some interesting pics. We don't have elk this south. I noticed they are a bit beefier than white-tails. I think your cam-licker is in that last photo with his tongue sticking out! Thanks for posting. I enjoy looking.
They are about 4X bigger then White tails, well over a 1000lbs for the cows.
They are even size wise with our local Shiraz Moose. Crossing my fingers one of those bulls grows to be a legal 6 point this year, c'mon boys 2 more points left to grow per side !!
fl.gif

The Sambar around here were introduced from India and have bred up a lot the last few wet years. The ones I have seen look as big as a horse.
Wiki says they weigh up to 1200 lbs. It's all State Park back of my farm so they arent hunted at all. I have never been able to get pics in daylight- I think they are mainly nocturnal.
Do you have horses? Ever look out in the field at dusk thinking "OMG someones horses broke in!" ? We do that alot cause the cow elk mingle with the horses and at first sight you panick. My mother use to get hysteric when we had the large elk herd still, she kept thinking the horses from a neighbouring ranch broke in.
lol.png

Sambars are on my list to one day own if I ever win the lottery and build my "ungulates of the world" park!

Back
Top Bottom