Post your guinea fowl pens

Yes its not a bad idea to let them roost at night in a coop and yes, you do want to keep them penned up for the first few months so they get to know what home is before you let them free range

Here is my guinea coop:
IMG_1460.jpg
Notice the mirrors?

I let them out every morning and shut the door at night. There was one hard-head that wanted to roost outside in a tree, but after a cold 34 degree rain one night he has gone inside ever since.
smile.png

Also we live where it gets -40 is that to cold for them to be outside?
So what do you think of a 4x6x3 ft. portable pen with roosts 1 ft. of the ground and 3 roosts across the short end with 1 foot of space between them.
I would also cover the part with the roosts with a medal roof. The rest would be wire. I could make 3 nest boxs too.
I would put a door at one end too.
What do you guys think?
I could also make a straw hut or use a truck cap.

Also we live where it gets -40 is that to cold for them to be outside?
So what do you think of a 4x6x3 ft. portable pen with roosts 1 ft. of the ground and 3 roosts across the short end with 1 foot of space between them.
I would also cover the part with the roosts with a medal roof. The rest would be wire. I could make 3 nest boxs too.
I would put a door at one end too.
What do you guys think?
I could also make a straw hut or use a truck cap.
I’d sure
Like to see what you came up with-I’m about to
Build....prairie winters.

Mine free range and they picked under the kids playhouse to roost so we used some left over fencing to fence them in and lock them up at night. I only lock them up in winter when predators are worse. The front had a dog kennel wrapped in hardware cloth that use as a grow out pen.
96EED754-E02A-4EFD-B5E3-9BFD2D3354F0.jpeg

DF679254-D09A-4D32-9A34-72F1971FC10C.jpeg

Mine free range and they picked under the kids playhouse to roost so we used some left over fencing to fence them in and lock them up at night. I only lock them up in winter when predators are worse. The front had a dog kennel wrapped in hardware cloth that use as a grow out pen.
View attachment 2716298
View attachment 2716299
I love that black kitty, just all stretched out ❤️

Back
Top Bottom