Post YOUR Most Effective ''Rooster Wacker''

Status
Not open for further replies.

missourichickenmama

SURPRISE!
11 Years
Jul 17, 2008
Missouri
fly swatters work great!William,my little brother, used to be afraid of our rooster when it attacked him, he tried to use a stick, but it broke & he ran in the house screaming(I know... he was terrified of Rooster Cogburn...)
hide.gif
. dad came out with our bright red fly swatter and with a couple of wacks Rooster was terrified of the fly swatter. just to keep him terrified of it i went out with it and stood by him, he attacked me and i wiped out that fly swatter and boy! you should have seen the look on his face
lol.png
! i wacked him a couple of times.

post your story & what your best rooster wacker is, we will vote on the best rooster wacker every 20 or so posts, enjoy!

I am afraid I am not much competition here. The one and only time my roo came at me was a night when I was in petting the girls goodnight. I had a mag light so I could see, and he came at me and I shined that thing in his face and hollered NO at the top of my lungs and lunged at him. He settled right down and keeps his distance from me.

I am glad that you don't understand why someone would hit a rooster. It means you have owned only had great ones. I envy you!

You would understand "hitting a rooster" if you or your child ended up bleeding from the rooster hitting you! Sometimes there is just too much testosterone running through those rooster veins. If the rooster is to live, he needs to be taught, in his own language, that humans are the top roosters.....always.

It can be accomplished without doing physical damage to the roo, it is about winning the cockfight. I like the red flyswatter technique, it won't cause injury, and gets the point across. It is all psychological, not about hurting the bird.

I used a dressage whip with a red tassle. I have to give George a swat on the behind, as he doesn't seem to even feel any smacks on his wings or back. I use the whip because I have it, it is light and easy to control, and the end will sting but not injure.

I have scars on my legs from before I hit my rooster! And one on my hand from the first time he showed aggression, when I was handing a treat to one of "his" hens.

Just so you know I am balanced, when George got into it with the dog and got his beak injured, I hand-fed him for a few weeks. He was very nice during that time. I knew he was feeling much better when he got me from behind and left a pair of huge bruises on my legs. Fortunately, I was wearing new jeans and he didn't cut me.

I actually went into the coop one night and clipped all his toenails. Didn't make any difference. He is strong and can give me a beating when he thinks I am competing for his hens.

I love the flyswatter idea. So far I've lucked out and not needed to carry a rooster whacker but the permanent scars on my legs, hand and lip lead me to believe it's a brilliant idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom