POST YOUR RABBIT PICS!!! PLEASE! :)

I have jersey woolies too. They only are high maintenance until they get their senior coat. Then a quick brushing once a week and they are good to go. Here are a couple of mine.

15342_fiero.jpeg

15342_napoleon.jpg

Hey all I decided to buy my two daughters a rabbit from the pet store. Are the rabbits at most pet stores seperated by sex, or are male and female rabbits put together in the same cage at pet stores?

Oh my goodness- Will you people please stop posting these pics?!!!! I've already got chickens, dogs, pigeons, 1 fish, and 1 goose!! What are you trying to do to me!!! All these beautiful rabbits!! You all are a bad influence!!!!!
barnie.gif

I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits
I will not get rabbits at least until April or maybe the last of march- Drat!!!

They dont sex them atleast the stores ive been in. If you dont know how to sex a bunny see if you can find someone that does i would not trust the pepole at the stores. I raise new zealand whites a meat rabbit that reaches on average 10 pounds. But they can be sweet i got 1 named big mama she is the sweetest rabbit ever. If we get out of rasing rabbits she will stay here with us. im also trying to get into mini lops or mini rexs.
Things ive heard i dont know anything about any breed but the new zealand. Since ive been looking for a breeing pair and wanting a pet for the kids this is what ive been told.
Mini rex have sharp toenails and can scratch the kids you have to clip there nails more often bu they are very interested in everything and friendly. Weight 4 pounds and lots of pretty colors.
Mini lops great pets lots of colors but there bigger 6 pounds average but can get bigger
Holland lops Small very friendly and cuddly very cute faces. They have lots of colors they come in and weigh not more then 4 pound
These have been the breeds ive been doing a search on there are lots more to look at. Just trying to help you out a bit. And if you go to the pet store mini lop, mini rex, lionheads, and holland lops will be the common ones seen. In my opinion its best to go directly to the breeder in my area most breeders sell there rabbits cheaper then the pet stores. for example i can get a holland lop trio 1 brood doe already breed 1 older buck and a baby doe for $40 dollars or go to a pet store and get 1 baby mini rex for $35 dollars. anyway hope all my rambling helped

Here is a picture of my rabbit Thumper. He was supposed to be a Netherland Dwarf (HA!
lau.gif
) He turned out to grow twice the size and his ears are too big. I do love him. Since then, I have a hard time totally trusting pet stores. He is a sweetie! I also have a New Jersey Woolie named Charlie, but I don't have any pictures of him on my camera. He is a sweetheart too. I got him from a really nice, reputable breeder, and he is now my 4H bunny.
big_smile.png

23347_396.jpg

well if they don't sex them at pet stores, and boy and girl rabbits are in the same cage, wouldn't they constantly be having babies?

Quote:
It depends on how old they are. Baby bunnies can be really hard to sex when they are young, so a lot of times they are wrong and you end up with a boy when you thought you had a girl. You would be better off if yo8u

Back
Top Bottom