Posted 1x with reply last week. One reply, really need help!

Good article Coach. Thanks so much. I will work on it after I get off work today.
Do you know if Tractor sells antibiotic for chickens? I'm thinking I should start him on it right away.
Don't want to lose him. He's a really good rooster. Respectful to me and takes good care of his girls.
I will post more pics after work today.

I have looked closely. No. I don't think so. And his feathers are so so so dry. They are breaking off, very brittle. I will post more pics after work. I think this will help everyone.
Good roosters are hard to find and I love this guy.

Yes. The pro Omega is mixed into their 50 pound bag of food.
The hard block is in there to give them something to do 😊 they peck at it off and on.

Everybody is eating Dumor 16% Layer Pellet. Purina Flock Block Poultry.
Manna Pro Omega Eggmaker Laying Hen Supplement.
Purina Flock Block Poultry Supplement.

If it's inflamed you can use a warm compress on the preening gland. Birds do not like it very much when you mess with it, so make sure it's impacted/inflamed first and just not a sensitive bird.

Vent is slightly red, you could apply a little vaginal yeast cream to that. Roosters often have some redness around or below the vent when hormones are raging. Just like on their legs.

I'm sorry that you are frustrated and feel that 1 reply on your other thread wasn't sufficient. Here's your thread, so you can review the answer you got. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/infected-preen-gland.1451294/

Please post some photos of the whole rooster so we can see his overall condition, you mention feathers are in poor shape? How old is he?

How often and how much of the Flock Party Block are you giving?

1616873853107.png

I would recommend adding a topical spray of colloidal silver and rose water to cut the inflammation and prevent or reverse infection. Then cover it with extra virgin olive oil to both moisturize and take care of any fungal threats. I never use agri or pharma chemicals as we are organic and have been very successful with these approaches. Chickens of course are the most difficult and fragile patients on the farm. Another overall health booster for your flock is adding raw apple cider vinegar to their water dispenser at 1/2 cup per gallon. Hope the best for you!

Back
Top Bottom