Posting here because it is the thing to do!

littlebigwattle

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2020
Trying out the template as proof I can (sort of) follow directions!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? About 7 years deep into backyard, inner-city free-ranging my chickens. Poop on other people's doorsteps has been an issue.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We drift around 4-8 as a rule for the city, but now have a place with acreage. Hatched 17 silkie babies a month ago as a test, and have 30 more of other breeds in the incubator, with plans for another 50 or so.

(3) What breeds do you have? Being in cold Minnesota, we've found Silkies to be our favorite inner-city breed. With a rooster collar, our girls even can keep a man around! They lay all winter, and don't even care to sleep in the heated coop @ -12F.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We actually find (most) neighbors take vicarious pride in the flock!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Plenty.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Too much info for our first meeting.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I have tons of questions about genetics!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you join us!
Hello Chick.gif

Back
Top Bottom