1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Posting on Craigslist..egg incubators

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by havi, Jan 14, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Im looking at buying an incubator for this up coming spring and saw this ad. Is this a good deal? Im only wanting to buy one though. Is there anything I should know or ask her about these? Any help would be great!

http://waco.craigslist.org/grd/992013690.html

2. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    what a great opportunity - buy them all for that price and either use them for spare parts, or get them cleaned up for resale...well worth the price if you'r handy and have the time.

Quote:

3. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Thats a good deal even if only one were to function, you would have spare parts for them and could even get more running. if nothing else even 1 would be good, resale the others not needed.
    better If you can find someone to go halves with you and get them all?
    hard to pass up a deal like that , I wish I were closer.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh wow!! I second (or third) the idea to buy all of them and resell them!! What a great deal!

5. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Find out specifically what type they are. *I* would be interested in buying them all and selling you one! [​IMG]

6. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    wow, i wish they had that on my craigslist.

7. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    what a deal

8. plreef

plreef Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Eastern CT
    Your going to make me take a road trip to Texas! Ive been looking on Craigslist for a bator for a while now.

9. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I wonder when they were purchased "brand new"..

at $250.oo , I'll bet it was not recently...

are those outside? or are they under some sort of roof?

If one of them works, I would buy them all and see how many I could get working..

How many eggs does just one hold?

If it holds 100 or more, and works, it would be worth more than the $50.oo askng price..

10. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Well I just got home from work and was eagerly looking forward to her email. Hoping it would say come and get it. But..no such luck. She said a man called for them and was going to try and get down there(outta town) to look at them. But if he didnt then I was more than welcome to them. So Im [​IMG] that I get to at least look at them. She said they were in a barn and to get better lighting she set everything outside. Which I did notice she had a lot of little odds and ends for sale. Ive been looking for a bator forever! And everytime I seen one within the size I want and the price range I can handle, its always gone! I even thought about asking around to see if anyone has one I can just borrow for a month. Cause I just want to hatch out one set.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by