1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

posting pics NOT FUN!!old computer?grrr.....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chooniecat, Jan 24, 2010.

1. chooniecat

chooniecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    OK-Have been trying for 1/2 hr. to get 3 pix to come up and only various combinations have made it up ie....1 or 2 then 1 correct pic and a pic I didn't even try to put up then NONE would come up so here is a pic that WILL come up(and they're ALL correctly sized so????) and its not one I really wanted on here but its of my pekin drake handsome harrison hoosier head(4h duck) and he is 8 yrs. old now. think my computers just too old(6 yrs.) and probably has viruses(making excuses for my inability to get pix up!!!!) go to bed. now this text is coming after the fact and I just looked at the preview that showed a pic of my 4h duck a minute ago and its NOT on here now??!!??!! arghhhghghghg!![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. chooniecat

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    OK-THE ABOVE POST DID NOT HAVE A PIC WITH IT UNTIL I DID THE EDIT FEATURE IN THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER AND WAS ABLE[​IMG] TO ADD 4H'S PIC THEN!!!!!!!!and look at this!!!! I added a pic after I typed text and(of COURSE pic comes up NOW) but it discomboobulates all of text. forgive me-am having a tantrum. breathe. btw , this is a pic of my 34 yo arab(with cushings-he lost the hair just in time for winter to start again) and my former group of 6 yo hens and 1 roo and my 2 dogs. everyones an opportunist.

3. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Sorry you are having trouble with the pics. It is a terrible challenge for me, too! But, I love your barnyard friends. What a great looking gang! Thanks for posting pics!

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Your time wasnt wasted- The pics are lovely. Harrison is just gorgeous. I love getting shots when they have their bills open. Always looks great with a caption bubble [​IMG]

I used to have the same frustration. 5 year old computer and dial up connection. It was dreadful..I got an upgrade two weeks ago, and cant believe the difference. I wish I had been able to do it sooner.

5. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    I don't have the exact some problems but it takes 45 mins for each photo to load [​IMG] I just uploaded 7 pictures, so I have been on here a while [​IMG]

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you tried using an online storage service for your pictures like Photobucket, or Flickr perhaps? That's what I use (Photobucket) and it works wonders. Especially if you're on a slow dial up service. If you are on a dial up, it's still going to take considerable time to upload the pictures to any online storage service. But, when it comes time to post them to BYC, you'll find it to be a pleasure. Give that a try next time. I'm sure you'll agree, it's the only way to go! [​IMG]

Nice pic of Harrison by the way! He looks like a bit of a character. [​IMG] A 34 year old Arab? [​IMG] [​IMG] I don't know much about horses, but even I know that's OLD for a horse!!!! What is Cushing's? Is it something that older horses experience frequently? Does it cause him any pain or discomfort? How's his personality? Sweet? Mean? Middle of the road? Inquiring minds want to know! [​IMG]

7. OverEggstended

OverEggstended Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    SW Washington State
    What kind of dog is the black one?

8. chooniecat

Mar 2, 2009
    central ohio
    why-thank you all for getting thru my tantrum nicely-I WAS mad and sleepy so that doesn't help. cushings is quite common in animals(worked at vet hosp. for 30 yrs.(small animals) and in horses it makes them unable to shed their hair proper in the spring.
    cushings is the adrenal gland screwing up? he grows a ton BACK in the fall its just slow coming off the last 5 yrs.. he himself is not painful and I really do not know much more about it(but if he ever seems painful, will have the vet out)ruby the dog is an 11 yr. old suspected black siberian. she came from shelter and have actually had a belgian shepherd breeder tell me(when she was pup) thats what she WAS? but the area she came from is NOT a big fancy dog breeding area so we've narrowed it down to mostly siberian with her temperment,looks, and lots of roo-rooing she does. I ramble. thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by