Pot belly pig.

It is very possible that she is pregnant.

Make sure she is safely away from the boars. They can kill the piglets while they are being born if they get into her pen.
Once they are up and running around good, the boars usually don't bother them anymore if they have enough room.

I moved all my pigs, and now they have the run of about 3 acres (more if they decide to go wandering). I didn't get one sow penned before she had her litter. I saw her one day and knew I better get her penned up. After I got her stall ready in the barn, I couldn't find her.
She went off and had them. She showed back up after they were 2 days old. Everyone is just fine.

Even though I knew she was getting close, I didn't know for sure when she was bred and I missed getting her penned up. When I had them in a 1/4 acre pen, I always knew when they were in heat and breeding, so I could prepare better.

If you don't have a lot of room for her to go hide and deliver, it would be best to pen her up safely.

They are the cutest things when they are little! They are also the fastest little boogers too!!!

Congratulations!!!

Jean

They are in different cages, but I might just pen her in the barn. I am soo excited! I hope I haven't gotten myself too excited over little things I've noticed and her not be pregnant! Do the babies need a heat lamp, it gets in the low 60 almost 50 here at night. Also, will they need any shots? Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom