Pot belly pig.

neenerbutt92

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Ok. I have a pot belly pig....I'm sure someone on here has some and breeds them. Anyway, I believe she is pregnant, can a breeder on here tell me how I can tell for sure that she is pregnant? I would appreciate that sooo much!

Thank you!

lol i guess its hard to tell with the whole potbelly but if u wanna know (i dont own pigs so i may sound idiotic) is to ask a vet if they can do a ultra sound im gonna be laughed at for saying that lol

Well, I'm not worried about it enough to have to pay for an ultrasound, just wanted to know if I should make her a place to keep her and they babies warm.

Here is a picture I just took of 'Tilly' the more I look at it the more I'm thinking she deff is pregnant!

She is spotted! Very cute! I just bought a spotted male piglet at an exotic sale. One of my pots had a litter 3 days ago. What I noticed with her is that her sides stuck out.
Pig gestation is 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days. You might want to clean out a pen and put some straw in it. She will build a nest with the straw.

Thank you! I'm going to clean her cage tomorrow. Does she look at all pregnant to you? Also, do the piglets need any shots or anything after birth, and should I put a heat lamp on them (it's starting to get in the low 60 almost 50 at night).

Quote:
has she been bred to a male or did you just buy and don,t know? if pregnant her belly will continue to get larger...you can also listen to uterus with stethoscope and hear heart beats, can palpate her abdomen to feel for piglets.

Hi! I do have PBP's... but i dont know anything about them being pregnant...
Sorry.. wish i could help you out! I;d suggest a trip to the vet to be safe...
if not the vet.. then get a safe pen ready for her just in case...
And yes.. i'd have a heat light set up in the pen..just in case... because piglets cant control their body heat for a couple of weeks after they are born... I'd also get some milk supplement just in case something goes wrong and mom dosent feed the babies...

Good luck!!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Chickbird--I have males 2 to be exact and one female. I have no clue though when she was with them (the males break out of the cage ALOT!
barnie.gif
) Oh, her belly has gotten a lot bigger I do believe in just the last few days I think (I could be over-reacting because I am sooo excitedd!). Also her bottom is swollen, I know they swell when they are in heat but her belly has gotten bigger too. I will deff try the stethoscope tomorrow! Very good idea!!! I didn't think of that, but I should deff be able to hear them.

Redhen--I fixed the cage after my males got into her cage and her and the babies will be good and safe in the barn where she is, it just needs cleaned out with some fresh hay.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom