Potato Box Incubator

I was going to wait until friday night but I couldn't! I see veins in these 11 eggs!
woot.gif

Yes, 11 Ameraucanas and all of them have veins as of last night.
woot.gif

I know it is still early and I don't want to count my chicks before they hatch in all of this excitement - but I am just thrilled!!!!!
big_smile.png

To candle I use a big square flashlight and use the pump screw on cap that fits the big mustard or ketchup containers.
The hole in the middle of the screw on part is where the pump part goes thru into the gallon container.
The hole in the middle is perfect size for eggs.
I had been using a dark cloth around the cap to block light and allow light to come thru the hole only, but I'm thinking I may cut a circle (the same size as cap) out of black construction paper and tape it to the cap so I don't have to hold the cloth around the edges.
Works really well.
I put eggs in before noon on the 10th, I candled Sunday night and saw little chick shadows jumping around.
I'm counting the 10th as day 1 so that would put me at day15 now.
WISH ME LUCK!!

It is ALWAYS something around here!
barnie.gif

I just went to turn the eggs for the afternoon and what do I find? I heat bulb is OUT and the temp is down to 80. Lickety split I got a new bulb in (the other was brand new too!) and temps are slowly rising.

If I get anything out of this hatch it will be grey hair!

Back
Top Bottom