Potato growing experts here?

Quote:
Boy you said some truth there SB, I know it may sound cliche'd a bit, but 3 years ago we moved out to the country, started using well-water only for drinks etc., started growing our own organic produce, raising our own chickens and eating their eggs instead of store bought, eating nothing but free-range meat as much as possible, making our own bread etc....the whole nine yards. Prior to that, while being generally a healthy fellow, I still had to go to the doctor and get antibiotics for sinus infections at least 4 times a year, plus the occasional bout of colds, flu etc.

I haven't been to see a doctor in almost 3 years now, my back and knees healed up enough for me to start biking again and I feel ten years younger. My wife had suffered from seizures for years due to some brain trauma early in life, along with terrible headaches that lasted for days, she was on 6 different kinds of pills for all that...the seizures are gone, literally gone after 30 years of them, she no longer takes ANY meds, the headaches still come now and then, but the severity is much reduced, and she is now on an exercise program for the first time in 20 years. (And boy-o-boy does Papa ever love what that thar is doin' fer Mama
wink.png
, lemme jest say this, we are MUCH more physically active in EVERY respect these days
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
)

We are working on getting entirely off the grid now, goal is to raise all our own food and produce our own sustainable energy, I realize that some chemicals that have been developed over the years are beneficial, but as a whole now, they are out of control and killing us and the planet too. Why in the world anyone would use pesticides when they could just use the little agricultural Roomba's that are chickens instead, is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom