Potential vent gleet??

Vadaska

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2024
Western Australia
I think my 8 month old silkie has vent gleet.
She hasn’t laid any eggs as yet, was not moving much at all and had bad discharge that smelt, so she got a couple salt baths and we put some thrush cream on it.
She’s in her own temporary cage with food, and clean water with some apple cider vinegar.
Just seeing if anyone has any more advice, or if there’s another illness that could be possible.
I’m in Australia so it’s nighttime here and I can’t take her to the vet until tomorrow.
I checked my other 2 females and they’re perfectly fine.

Photos below

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg

Hi, sorry about your silkie. I would try feed her probiotics like sugar-free yogurt, Greek is the best. There's also probiotic/electrolyte powders you can buy for their water, like here we use Hydro-Hen or Save A Chick.

I would also put some Monistat cream on the area, or if that thrush stuff you have has miconazole in it that's probably the same thing.

Hi, sorry about your silkie. I would try feed her probiotics like sugar-free yogurt, Greek is the best. There's also probiotic/electrolyte powders you can buy for their water, like here we use Hydro-Hen or Save A Chick.

I would also put some Monistat cream on the area, or if that thrush stuff you have has miconazole in it that's probably the same thing.
Thanks so much for the recommendations, I’ll get some Greek yoghurt tomorrow! The thrush cream does have miconazole :)

Back
Top Bottom