Poult Leg Problem - ANY help appreciated!!

I wrap them in washrag folded like newborn baby wrap . If they are older I wrap them in coban with small hole cut for legs on first layer to keep it in place then I fold their legs like sitting up under them and put them in protected heat same environment and give them food and water drinks and eats at times (the incubator has constant right temp) and after bout 12 hours sometimes longer their legs will be fine. Weak at first but heading right way. I make sure I have like small handtowel or rough washcloth for them to walk on cause slick probably caused it or some have just been little weak at birth or in egg too long. I like to give them drinks of water with little sugar added gives them strength when like this.
What is “coban”
I have a 4 week old baby turkey that has the same exact problem as Sonnygirl. It hurts my heart to see him struggle. I have him isolated in a cage by himself. We have already decided that he would be my pet turkey but I worry that he won’t be able to ever get to where he can roam around without problems from predators. This thread has given me hope. But I don’t understand how to wrap him up in a wash cloth. Please help!

I have a 4 week old baby turkey that has the same exact problem as Sonnygirl. It hurts my heart to see him struggle. I have him isolated in a cage by himself. We have already decided that he would be my pet turkey but I worry that he won’t be able to ever get to where he can roam around without problems from predators. This thread has given me hope. But I don’t understand how to wrap him up in a wash cloth. Please help!
Please start a new thread of your own with pictures of your poult. We cannot help you without seeing what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom