Poultry abuse!

everyone stop. you sound ridiculous.

the person who did this isn’t gonna “get it”. you’re not a bunch of vigilantes, just a group of people who like chickens and the internet.

also, @The WinterWolf if you actually had a criminal record, you’d know that no one jokes about getting arrested for further crimes. it’s not fun and games. it follows you forever.

to the point: i think what’s important here is that the guy (maybe he abused them, maybe he rescued them from the abuser, that much isn’t clear) brought the ducks to the right place and now they’re in the right hands.

more important than pounding your fists about things you’re not ever gonna do, is using the cumulative knowledge on this forum to help the OP rehab the poor ducks.

the person who did this isn’t gonna “get it”. you’re not a bunch of vigilantes, just a group of people who like chickens and the internet.

also, @The WinterWolf if you actually had a criminal record, you’d know that no one jokes about getting arrested for further crimes. it’s not fun and games. it follows you forever.

to the point: i think what’s important here is that the guy (maybe he abused them, maybe he rescued them from the abuser, that much isn’t clear) brought the ducks to the right place and now they’re in the right hands.

more important than pounding your fists about things you’re not ever gonna do, is using the cumulative knowledge on this forum to help the OP rehab the poor ducks.
nope. no crimes here. i try my best to keep my hands clean.

I was wondering if birds qualify for protection or if the convict poultry abuse. They don't qualify as live stock in Oregon. Do u know who I would contact?
In my state, cruelty to animals covers animals, birds and fowl. Start with local Animal Control or SPCA or your state's Department of Agriculture. The veterinarian division of the DOA is who is supposed to investigate cruelty to animals. I can't imagine how painful those beak wounds are to those ducks. There's no reason why such cruelty should not be reported to the authorities.

P.S. There is also: https://www.peta.org/about-peta/contact-peta/report-cruelty/

If I felt the need for police to be involved I would have called yesterday. They damage is done. They are here because they are suppose to be. I certainly let him know that this kind of abuse is really terrible!!
The story was....
I have an add for unwanted poultry. People call with extra roosters and old hens, ducks. I think most people think I am going to process them. But I do not. They stay here or I rehome them. Currently have 22 roosters 😆. He called wanting them to leave because he was sick of the noise. He said he got them after all his chickens died in the winter freeze. That instantly concerned me. Decided then I'd take his 7 ducks because of his comment. Plus he was not getting any eggs so he wanted to go back to chickens. He also said he did not have a water set up for them. He tried but it was too messy. I agreed with the mess lol. Duckies are messy but that's what they do.
When he showed up. The ducks were taped in a box really tight. The box was wet and showing steam on the tape. He asked where i wanted them and we both took a box to the shed. We put them in there and he said alright thank you good bye. First time someone didn't want to chat for a bit. He left quickly.
I called for my daughter who was excited and we opened the boxes.
Was freaked and really started to get upset when we opened them. I called him up and left 2 messages. Messaged 4 times then called from my husband's phone and he awnsered. I certainly let my emotions get the best of me. He said well I guess I can come get them and I told him he was not getting them back. Said my peace then hung up. No return call saying he was innocent.
Anyway the ducks did not want out of the shed. They are extremely scared and started taking off down the hill. I've never seen such scared birds:( probably take a couple weeks in the shed to start settling down.
Reason I asked about who to contact about bird abuse is becuase...our whole poultry industry is so terrible. If people could be convinced of those crimes battery hens would stop. The production industry is a example for some humans to learn from or adopt those standards as normal. I do what I do because of this. My husband is an ex convict. I understand the paper trail well. It's a hard road to live in one's truth and others to judge without knowing.
I do not seek to convict others. Standing up for one who cannot speak is our eternal duty I feel.
He knows it was wrong in my eyes and knows I will take care of them because of how I responded. Sometimes humans are so unaware of the damage they cause....Completely blind till its brought to awareness.
I will try and be more kind today....with my words and thoughts.
My husband reminded me of something. He said" it's best he was not here when u opened the boxes". Lol!!!! He knows us well:) yea....thank u God

Hello poultry fam....

Today I was dropped off taped boxes with ducks in them. The guy took off before I opened the boxes. He abused these ducks so bad! Who wires a ducks Bill shut due to noise?? Like what the heck is wrong with people. There are 6 of them and all have wire damage on bill. One is so bad I'm asking for suggestions. Here are the pics. Has anyone ever seen this?
They were so scared I'm just letting them settle before I asses more.
We have a poultry rescue for unwanted poultry.
I was soo mad at the guy I called him couple times to cuss him out.
He was smart enough to call from his business. He said they came to him like that. He didn't want them due to noise. fat liar!! 😢😭😥
Poor babies
Oh those poor babies 😣 Some people are just disgusting....
At least they're with you now... That's horrible..... I hope they're going to be okay, update us???

Hello poultry fam....

Today I was dropped off taped boxes with ducks in them. The guy took off before I opened the boxes. He abused these ducks so bad! Who wires a ducks Bill shut due to noise?? Like what the heck is wrong with people. There are 6 of them and all have wire damage on bill. One is so bad I'm asking for suggestions. Here are the pics. Has anyone ever seen this?
They were so scared I'm just letting them settle before I asses more.
We have a poultry rescue for unwanted poultry.
I was soo mad at the guy I called him couple times to cuss him out.
He was smart enough to call from his business. He said they came to him like that. He didn't want them due to noise. fat liar!! 😢😭😥
Poor babies
Bless you for saving them!

I would so report that guy to authorities.if he didn’t do it he knows who did. Maybe they could check on the rest of his animals
Does anyone know what these are? They look like khakis but they have zero shine of any color. Brown heads on boys.

Attachments

• 20211201_111036.jpg
    20211201_111036.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom