Poultry Breeds of Spanish Ancestry

To those reading about these Spanish Ancestry Breeds, keep in mind that not all of them are flighty like Medeteranean breeds.

EO Marraduna Basqe Hens and Pita Pinta(Asturian Paints) are not flighty. They also lay brown eggs. They grow quickly and the Cockerels make great Meat birds.

The Pita Pinatas are the best Dual Purpose breed I have raised so far too.

Megan's Pita Pintas. The Rooster is a year an a half old here.

This Pita Pinta was hatched from the flock above. She is about 5 months old here and was about a month from laying eggs. She is hanging out with a Marraduna Basque pullet.

This is a mixed flock of Basquue and Pita Pintas from last October

This is a young Pita Pinta cockerel

This is the Flock that the Flock above hatched from--Marraduna Basque

Last edited:
To those reading about these Spanish Ancestry Breeds, keep in mind that not all of them are flighty like Medeteranean breeds.

EO Marraduna Basqe Hens and Pita Pinta(Asturian Paints) are not flighty. They also lay brown eggs. They grow quickly and the Cockerels make great Meat birds.

The Pita Pinatas are the best Dual Purpose breed I have raised so far too.

Megan's Pita Pintas. The Rooster is a year an a half old here.

This Pita Pinta was hatched from the flock above. She is about 5 months old here and was about a month from laying eggs. She is hanging out with a Marraduna Basque pullet.

This is a mixed flock of Basquue and Pita Pintas from last October

This is a young Pita Pinta cockerel

This is the Flock that the Flock above hatched from--Marraduna Basque

I can't wait to get my layer flock going Ron.
I really want some Pita Pintas just maxed on what breeds I want to breed and projects.
well maybe one Empordanesa project lol.

Oh how I like these barred birds! They are very nice. Even if they are mixed.
hide.gif
OOps! My Bad. The chickens are all pure. I have Basque and Pita pintas together in the flock. They hatched together and brooded together. Roosters are separated and processed now.

I would like to see what they looked like as a cross though.

The Pita Pintas are not barred or mottled. The feathers are black with white tips. I do not remember what they call it--painted I suppose. The Basque are single barred mostly showing up on the Cock Birds. I am waiting to see if the new ones hold the barring on the tail after they molt. Megans should have Molted last winter so I need to see if I can get into contact with her to see what hers look like this year at two years old.

Sorry to have not gotten back to you about the Penes. I plan on popping in a test batch of at least 10 today to see if they are fertile. Those that hatch go to Jason but I can start collecting later for either another hatch or shipping eggs.

Last edited:
hide.gif
OOps! My Bad. The chickens are all pure. I have Basque and Pita pintas together in the flock. They hatched together and brooded together. Roosters are separated and processed now.

The Pita Pintas are not barred or mottled. The feathers are black with white tips. I do not remember what they call it--painted I suppose. The Basque are single barred mostly showing up on the Cock Birds. I am waiting to see if the new ones hole the barring on the tail after they mold. Megans should have Molted last winter so I need to see if I can get into contact with her to see what hers look like this year at two years old.

Sorry to have not gotten back to you about the Penes. I plan on popping in a test batch of at least 10 today to see if they are fertile. Those that hatch go to Jason but I can start collecting later for either another hatch or shipping eggs.

Oh ok, a mixed flock, not a mixed breed. I still like the bars.

hide.gif

The Pita Pintas are not barred or mottled. The feathers are black with white tips. I do not remember what they call it--painted I suppose. The Basque are single barred mostly showing up on the Cock Birds. I am waiting to see if the new ones hole the barring on the tail after they mold. Megans should have Molted last winter so I need to see if I can get into contact with her to see what hers look like this year at two years old.

I'm doing the same. I have two incubators running but the fertility has been iffy so we will see what hatches. March is just around the corner and thats usually when mine starts getting better.

George how did you fair with the weather a few days back out there?

Was last night's earthquake anywhere close to you George? Hope it didn't do much damage, wherever it was.

me too. out here you usually have to be in the 5's to get any real damage.
4's can knock stuff off shelves though.
I remember when I lived in Petaluma in the 90's we had one 30 miles up the road was like 4.7 I did not even feel it lol.
my parents up stairs felt it real good.

Back
Top Bottom