Poultry Nutri Drench Measurements????

Sue S

Songster
Mar 7, 2018
Pa
I just bought Nutri Drench & the measurements are confusing, my ducklings are 3 days old, i'm not mixing it by the gallon i'm just mixing it into their water container it holds 1 & half bottles of water which is about 24 oz , the dropper that comes with the nutri drench is in ml, I tried to do the math & came up with giving them about a tablespoon, is that correct??????? I don't want to overdose them.

I just bought Nutri Drench & the measurements are confusing, my ducklings are 3 days old, i'm not mixing it by the gallon i'm just mixing it into their water container it holds 1 & half bottles of water which is about 24 oz , the dropper that comes with the nutri drench is in ml, I tried to do the math & came up with giving them about a tablespoon, is that correct??????? I don't want to overdose them.
That's about right. I use 1 dropper full in a quart waterer. I don't think you could overdose, unless you gave the whole dropper full, to them straight. I give it full strength to the really weak chicks but only 4 or 5 drops from a syringe, 4 to 5 times a day. Usually perks them back up, almost immediately.

I don't understand why the dropper measures in ML but the directions use Oz. I filled a gallon jug with water and put in 1 ML. I don't know if that was enough or not. I didn't have time to google the math conversion. Why would they do that. That is not the good kind of chicken math!

I have 2 two day old Serama chicks. The first 2 chicks died either immediately after hatching or the next day. I hope this helps. the 2 chicks that hatched yesterday seem stronger than the others did.

Back
Top Bottom