1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poultry processor NC/SC

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by candygold, May 28, 2008.

1. candygold

candygold Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    S.C.
    Does anyone know of a chicken processor in NC or SC. I live near the state line below Wadesboro and would like to find someone to process some birds.

Thanks, Nancy

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Check in the Yellow Pages of your phone book, under Proccessing. Good luck, they all proccess everything but chickens here! [​IMG]

Dawn, getting ready to do the "deed", herself [​IMG]

3. Carolina Chicken Man

Carolina Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    There is a processor in Siler City that will do chickens, rabbits, and goats.

The name is Shalah, Shalem, or some foreign sounding name, ie I think they can do Kosher slaughter.

I spoke with a lady at the Farmers Market that sells pasture raised poultry, and she said that they do a very good job.

I think they schedule smaller quantities for individuals in the afternoon.

4. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

yea I dont have any butchers that do chickens near us either. called them all and sorry we dont do chickens.

5. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Hey Nancy,
    I could probably do your birds for you. Just pm me and we'll talk about it. Generally I process on halves with folks. I'm doing the ones you saw at Marvin's this past Saturday, this coming Saturday instead. I ran out of time.

Hope your guineas are doing well!

Gwen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by