Poultry show?

GoldenBlossoms

Songster
May 30, 2022
Hi, forgive me if I have put this in the wrong forum I honestly don't know where it belongs.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows the standers for putting a chicken in a poultry show because I really think my baby Shoto would be perfect for it. (when they are older)

But I have never done a poultry or any type of show before and am very nervous about it. Do I need to start doing anything while they are young to get them ready?

Attachments

• 20230516_201826.jpg
    20230516_201826.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230516_201825.jpg
    20230516_201825.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230516_201831.jpg
    20230516_201831.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 9
You'll have to get all the birds you want to show tested for Pullorum if you're in the US unless they come from a certified hatchery and are under one year old. I don't know about outside the US. Each test is good 90 days and then you need a new one if you want to show again.
What breed is your bird?

You'll have to get all the birds you want to show tested for Pullorum if you're in the US unless they come from a certified hatchery and are under one year old. I don't know about outside the US. Each test is good 90 days and then you need a new one if you want to show again.
What breed is your bird?
The tests are actually good for a whole year.

Looks like a Houdan

What breed is your bird?
Whats Pullorum? But I did ger her from a certified hatchery :] she is a black white crested polish chicken she is under a year.

Whats Pullorum? But I did get her from a certified hatchery :] she is a black white crested polish chicken she is under a year.
It's a poultry disease also called Salmonella pullorum. It usually kills young birds and they don't treat it since the birds would then be carriers. That being said, I don't know how long ago the last case was seen. Everyone tests for it so you should be fine in later years.

Whats Pullorum? But I did ger her from a certified hatchery :] she is a black white crested polish chicken she is under a year.
Ok, then you just need NPIp paperwork from the hatchery but only if you don’t also have over a year old birds also. Then you would need to get them tested.
In my area the Pullorum tests from clinics are good for 90 days. If you get a permit they would be good for a year.
Oh, I just get my whole flock tested and certified every year by a certified tester (my mom). I might become certified this year as well, however. I’ve never gone to a clinic.

Back
Top Bottom