Poultry Swap Success Pics and First Egg! *PIC HEAVY*

Firearia

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
So, first of all I blew around fifty dollars at the poultry swap, which resulted in a very happy Gabrielle, which of course is me.
lol.png
The sad part was saying goodbye to my excess roosters which I absolutely loved. Storm my little boy who thought I was his hen and actually tried to mate with my leg multiple times. Also Ace who would come sleep beside me when I sat down in a chair, he would cluck softly until he fell asleep.

I also might keep this as a chicken journal!
tongue.png

I also apologize for the dirty coop! We forgot to clean it those five days.
barnie.gif

Anyways, here's the five chickens I bought! I got four of them for just thirty five dollars, the man was so nice and he would have given me more, but I didn't want to take that many at a time. I'm also completely sure... 100% *Knock on wood* that they're all hens. Pics don't do them justice!

Snow White White Chantecler
15-20 Weeks old, guess for me? She's also a bit dirty!
lol.png
Also, since she's so tiny, possibly a banty??
IMG_5029.jpg

My brother with Snow White:
IMG_5033.jpg

Charly Buff Chantecler
15-20 Weeks old, guess for me?
IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5017.jpg

Jane Barred Plymouth Rock and Cuckoo Maran Cross The dad was the Cuckoo Maran. What an interesting cross eh? I should get some interesting eggs with this one.
roll.png

15-20 Weeks? Guess please?
IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5039.jpg

No Name Silver Laced Wyandotte... Er Wyndotte? Help on spelling?
gig.gif

16-20+ Weeks? Help? The lady I bought her from said she was POL, however what do you guys think? I'm pretty sure she is, the only reason why I think she isn't laying at the moment is the stress of moving. She was the most expensive out of the bunch, 25 dollars. Also, show quality or pet quality?
idunno.gif

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

No Name Buff Brahma
15-20 Weeks? Guess? Is this one possibly a banty? She's sure tough!
IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

Your guy's guesses on the quality would be very nice as well, I'm thinking on getting a nice high quality rooster for one of these girls in spring, however it will depend on their quality. I'm really excited to play with crosses with my BO roosters though!
lau.gif

Bonus Pics

Hermione
IMG_5025.jpg

Haha, her comb looks REALLY pink here. Doesn't do her justice.

Henny Penny
IMG_5024.jpg

Other
IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

There's a BO in there!
smile.png

.:~FIRST EGG~:.
IMG_5048.jpg

The brown one is store bought, for comparison.

YEAH!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
th.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif
D.gif

Wow, I never knew I could use so many smilies!
lol.png

After I came back from school I rushed out to the chicken coop as usual and found an egg in the farthest nest! I'm so proud! The top was broken though, but the contents were still fully intact, it broke through the shell, but not the protective layer inside.

Anyways, I'm not quite sure who laid it. I'm guessing one of our EEs, Hermione is the prime suspect. Henny Penny has been acting oddly, but her comb is still tiny. Hermione is exactly 20 weeks old today, so that says something for all you people who think EEs are late layers all the time, however I think Henny Penny may make me change my statement.
hmm.png

EDIT: It is Hermione, I just realized she was doing the egg squat!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom