Poultry waterer's

Bird Hearder

Songster
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Salisbury, Md.
I bought one of these at TSC, it's a 3.5 gal. The thing leaks out all the water. If I fill it at night the next morning all thats left is the water in tray.
I did put some vasaline on the rubber O-ring to see if it will seal.
Has anybody had this problem with these?

2167442kq6.jpg

i got one,and yes it is a pain but you really got to get the lid tight but make sure you don't crush the o-ring at the same time.
for what they cost you'd think it would be more user friendly. i won't buy another. good luck will

I have yet to find a waterer that is truly amazing.
barnie.gif

The metal ones stink because they rust out in the first year..gross!

The one you pictured are junk too. I have them in 3 and 5 gallon and can only use them outside because if you don't get that lid just right, the water all runs out all over the place. What a mess and waste of my time.

And the little 1 gallon ones are ok (with the screw on base) but they are too small for bigger flocks.

I found this one through Cutler's supply that I really like so far.. Easy to fill and holds enough water for a nice little flock. http://www.cutlersupply.com/store/item.0501.html

Jody

The one you show Jody is pretty good. I have one close enough to be just like it.
What I would truly love is a vacuum waterer that could be filled from the top and that didn't leak. They are always cumbersome to handle and you always lose some water when you tip them back upright.

My next home made waterer is going to be made from either a toilet tank valve or a poultry self waterer - both with a water heater tank as a reservoir. After I get all the other work done, that is.....

For the waterer you show it is easy to screw the lid on crooked...I did this and all the water leaked out. But when I made sure to screw the lid on the right way, it worked like it was supposed to.

Last edited:
It only leaked out about half this time after putting the vasaline on the Oring.

Just went outside to let the girls out in the run, they stayed in and the Dog Gone Rooster attacked me like CRAZY (Dark Brahma bantam). He's all Jumping at me feet first flapping his wings. I was just leaving the pen so the gate was open and now he's out. I'm trying to get ready to leave for work. (shakes head)

Back
Top Bottom