Poults failing

Harris14

Songster
Oct 16, 2020
We had 8 poults that were ready to go outside. All were flourishing and growing. Now they have started dying one by one. Like 2 days apart. We are down to 3. No symptoms. None. They are fine. Eating and drinking. Making there noises. Poop looks normal. Then go down there next morning and it’s either just sitting on the ground almost dead or already dead. We haven’t brought any new birds. All my chickens are doing good in there pens. My neighbor has a herd of cattle next to us and there slobbering and have brown discharge coming out of there nose but the turkeys don’t go across the fence. Please explain what may be wrong before the other 3 die. I have at least 100 chickens and don’t want them catching anything so there not allowed to free range right now. It’s been pouring the rain could that be a factor. I need help.

They have all died but 1 and it seems to be flourishing. I don’t understand it. Disheartening to say the least.

Yes I was loosing most and didn't think it was coccidiosis because the only symptom was looking fluffed up for 12 hours before they died.
My chicks being raised by the same hen never got sick. I later found some coccidiosis is species specific.
I thought they would have blood in there stool

Back
Top Bottom