Poults hatched! But... of them is not like the others! PIC

looking at the pics on feathersite I can see a difference in the three, can anybody else see a difference? I didn't know you raised Eastern Wilds on the ranch? This is the first time you have ever mentioned that, that is GREAT can you post some pics of the 3? That would really help the OP tell what they have.

Steve in NC

Last edited:
We "RAISED" the three together, no longer raise the eastern wilds.

Here is a pics of a Narri and a Bronze poults together.

19949_2uqditi.jpg

19949_16gaj2f.jpg

The Bronze is the one on the right on the top pic and the left on the bottom, you can tell by the darker wing band, darker head and darker legs.

As per your own post
The head of the poult is mottled and contains parallel streaks of dark brown or black

The OP's pic shows the same pattern so I'm still going with Bronze.

I have never raised Narri's but I can see the difference between the two, thanks for posting the pics.

Steve in NC​

not to hijack this thread, but this poult came from my bronze trio... but he doesnt look like the bronze ones posted here.... first pic is my bronze trio... the second pic is right after it was dried from hatching the last pics are at 5 days of age.

bronzetrio2.jpg

babyturkey-1.jpg

018.jpg

016.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

Quote:
The OP's pic shows the same pattern so I'm still going with Bronze.

I have never raised Narri's but I can see the difference between the two, thanks for posting the pics.

Steve in NC

Yep, looking at the poult itself and comparing it to the pic Harp posted, I'd have to agree that it looks more like a Bronze. I guess only time will tell.

Thanks for everyone's input!

The hen at the bottom of the first pic is mixed for sure. see the 2 tone color on the back, it's hard to say what the mix might be. He is a pic of some of ours.

Bronzetoms2-09.jpg

bronzehen2-09.jpg

These are some poults that we hatched from eggs we got from Miss Prissy here on BYC

youngbronze2.jpg

Youngbronze.jpg

Steve in NC

I knew she isn't full bronze...wish I knew what she was mixed with...the closest thing I could find to her color is Auburn...but I doubt she is that since they are rare... Do you think my other 2 are actual bronzes?

Back
Top Bottom