powder antibiotics

secondhandrose

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 9, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to mix up the powder antibotics for my girls. I had one die on me and another one is beginning to
sneeze or cough so I want to get a handle on this. The package says to mix a gallon
at a time, but it says to use 400 to 800 mg
and I'm old and didn't do well at math in school. I estimated about 1/8 of a teaspoon to a gallon, don't want to give them too much
or too little. Can anyone help me?

Can anyone tell me how to mix up the powder antibotics for my girls. I had one die on me and another one is beginning to
sneeze or cough so I want to get a handle on this. The package says to mix a gallon
at a time, but it says to use 400 to 800 mg
and I'm old and didn't do well at math in school. I estimated about 1/8 of a teaspoon to a gallon, don't want to give them too much
or too little. Can anyone help me?

Keep in mind that sick birds wont eat nor drink. You'll have to make the mixture and use an eyedropper or syringe to give it to her orally 4 to 5 times a day to be effective. What is the name of the soluable powder? I might have the dosage written down somewhere, including withdrawal times.

The name of the antibiotic is Duramycin-10. The girls are eating and drinking just fine, heard one of them either cough or sneeze and
that's the same thing that started when I lost one of them. Didn't pay much attention at the time but then she wouldn't eat or drink
would just sit around in one spot with her tail down and after a day she was gone.

The name of the antibiotic is Duramycin-10. The girls are eating and drinking just fine, heard one of them either cough or sneeze and
that's the same thing that started when I lost one of them. Didn't pay much attention at the time but then she wouldn't eat or drink
would just sit around in one spot with her tail down and after a day she was gone.

Duramycin dosage is 1 tablespoon per gallon of water made fresh daily. There's a 21 day withdrawal period.
http://www.durvet.com/dl/Durvet-Poultry-Brochure.pdf
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/193203/crd-duramycin-dosage-for-chickens/30 Post #33

Last edited:
What does "withdrawal period" mean? I gave my gurlz the 1Tbs to one gallon of water starting Monday through the following Sunday, and they've been off since then. Is that how long I wait to start eating the eggs or how long I was supposed to keep them on it?

Back
Top Bottom