MGA

Songster
5 Years
Jul 19, 2018
St Augustine FL
Refresh my memory!
I used a Automotive Power
Antenna for years and switched about 1 year ago to a D20 Add A Motor
To make long story short the timer or motor starting acting strange after a lighting storm
Replaced the timer and got the motor working again
It was going up and down with not stopping in between
Got that all straightened out put a new timer and I was good to go!
Recently the string broke so I replaced the string and I stupidly ran the motor too far and got it struck and stripped the gears (have to get a new motor assembly and gears for $30)
Well I decided since I have spare Auto Power Antenna I would just hook that up like before
I have 2 transformers that are 12v 5amp x 120v AC that used before
Antenna has 3 wires coming out of it red-green-black
I split the black wire into two black wires to tie in the transformers for ground
Green wire/Ground wire will get plugged into a A/C timer
Red Wire/Ground wire will get plugged in to constant A/C
When timer breaks the circuit (green circuit) it will go up or down—I forget which direction it goes
But been messing with it on the bench and green circuit seems to working fine but red circuit is sluggish
So should I test the red circuit transformer to see if it putting out enough amps to move the antenna (I don’t have a amp probe so really can’t find out how amp its putting out)
As remember it thats the way it was hooked up

Got the Automotive Power Antenna working just perfect
Switched out power supplies and it worked!
Now I want to know if there a way to adjust/control the travel because I would like it to travel less
Beside cutting the antenna
I remember seeing on the web or BYC how to remove the cover where the contactors are and put tape on the small disc so when it goes around you can reduce travel!

Sorry I was not notified that I was mentioned.

@Mouthpear might know.
TY aart

I remember seeing on the web or BYC how to remove the cover where the contactors are and put tape on the small disc so when it goes around you can reduce travel!
Yes you can but IF it actually has the limits. The cheaper ones that they sell nowadays use a cheap board that uses resistance to stop the motor. You will have to open it up and see and we can go from there. That's if you still need help.

Limits should be in here.
20230812_034426.jpg

Instead you might find this.
20230812_034720.jpg
20230812_034656.jpg

Back
Top Bottom