Power Outage!!! 1st time I have incubated eggs?????

Murphys2009

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
Wright, WY
So @ 6pm yesterday the power went out due to severe T-storms. Last night I checked the temp before going to bed @ 11pm and it was at 77. I don't know what time the power came back on, so should I toss them and start over? FYI we were on day 15!!
hmm.png

I bet they still have a chance. Maybe candle them and look and see if you notice any movement inside. It's worth a shot anyway.
fl.gif

OK I will, but they are hard to candle because they are brown eggs and EE. Where in the egg should I see any movement?

Shine the light through the top (airsack) and you should see a little movement under the air sack. Mine are all brown eggs too, and I was able to see some movement with mine at day 18 yet. Hope you can find something.

Our electtricity went out too on Memorial Day, and they were just beginning to pip. I was so nervous...I hooked it up to my car for a little while before it went back on.

Don't give up!!!!! I had an outage & it got down to 72 & I still had several hatch. Loosing temp is way better than to high!

OK I went through and candled all the eggs. 1st time since day 4, and well I had a few too die at that stage of development (12 to be exact), oh yeah and one rotten one. So anyways I checked the other eggs and there was still signs of life, except in 3, and well when I cut them open I was disappointed in my judgement the 1st one was really alive. So I went back candled the other two and was sure nothing was alive and well #2 was alive as well.....at this point I am really irritated with my self!!! So I decided to wing it on the third egg and put it back in the bator. So in total, I lost 15 eggs. None from which was caused by the power outage. I am not so happy with killing two but Oh well lets hope the rest make it. This is so much more difficult than I had imagined. I may just stick to being a farrier and not worry about being chicken Dad!!LOL

Hang tight. I had a brood get back on the wrong nest and the eggs where COLD when I got home and found them. I put her back on and she hatched 9/11, so don't give up hope!

Back
Top Bottom