Power outage! Help

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Hi! Theres a power outage and its been 40 minutes and im really worried..... What can i do to help the incubator stay warm... And how much can it last? My incubator is a brinsea ovation 58 ex

place tons of thick blankets over it. Don't open it or move them. Just place the blankets over them, turn on the heating if you can use gas.
Hope the power comes on in the next 12 hours.
Once it does keep an eye on the temperature for the first hour and make sure everything has stayed the same, sometimes the settings might have changed or it can overheat after being very cold so just keep an eye on it for the first hour.
Hope you get the power back soon.

put some big heavy towels over it, insulate it.
dont know how far along you are , but my power went off to my incubator for between 6 to 12 hours they were at about 16 days. The eggs all felt cold at room temp of 65 degrees in basement I still had 80 percent plus hatch with large fowl eggs , but poor hatch with Bantam eggs. But I have been having problems with Bantam eggs.
Don't give up.
Good Luck

place tons of thick blankets over it. Don't open it or move them. Just place the blankets over them, turn on the heating if you can use gas.
Hope the power comes on in the next 12 hours.
Once it does keep an eye on the temperature for the first hour and make sure everything has stayed the same, sometimes the settings might have changed or it can overheat after being very cold so just keep an eye on it for the first hour.
Hope you get the power back soon.
I can feel the incubator getting really cold... I Put a lot of blankets over it.. And i dont have any gas heating.... This is a Nightmare

Back
Top Bottom