Power outage while incubating

adeelumer

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2015
Hi,
I am incubating orpington eggs in a manual incubator with 21 eggs inside. I am currently on day 15 and waiting for the lockdown. Exciting!!
But i am worried about the power outage which takes place in my region after every three hours for one hour throughout the day. During this time, the temperature in the incubator drops down to around 94-95F. I have tried insulating the incubator with clothes and towels but to no effect.
Recently i have candled a few eggs and am sure there are atleast 7-8 embryos developing fine. I am hoping for more, out of the ones that i havent candled yet.
I would really appreciate the input of people who may have gone through a similar experience.

Is the power outages on a rolling blackout program like those previously in California.??? Only think I can see is you are between a stone and a hard spot. If power keeps shutting down regularly, then your efforts may be limited. You can try a battery backup, but that may get complex.
Wishing you best SINCERELY
thumbsup.gif

And also
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Is the power outages on a rolling blackout program like those previously in California.???    Only think I can see is you are between a stone and a hard spot.     If power keeps shutting down regularly, then your efforts may be   limited.   You can try a battery backup, but that may get complex. 
Wishing you best   SINCERELY :thumbsup  

And also :welcome
Thanks. I dont live there but the power blackouts are a regular feature here. Actually after some insulation the temperature drops to around 97F. I hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom