Power outage with eggs in incubator

Mtnboomer

Crowing
Mar 17, 2019
Southwest Virginia (mountains)
So....we just had lighting strike our power pole in the yard...again. I have eggs in the incubator set to hatch ummmm today. 2 have pipped. By the time i got the generator out and everything hooked up, the temp dropped to about 94-95 for at least 10min.
Everything is back to normal temps now. Will that temporary temp drop affect the hatching chicks?

Update: 2 chicks hatched overnight. Two others that were rocking yesterday before the outage have stopped.

Letting them go another day or so before making the call. We've never had an egg hatch after day 23.

Update: 2 chicks hatched overnight. Two others that were rocking yesterday before the outage have stopped.

Letting them go another day or so before making the call. We've never had an egg hatch after day 23.
I have a positive vibe going on my head telling me you will have a successful hatch. Temps did not drop too much, it wasn't for that long, and I believe you really only slowed down the hatch with this. It was a bad time for that to happen for sure but it just wasn't that long nor was it that cold in the incubator.

I have a positive vibe going on my head telling me you will have a successful hatch. Temps did not drop too much, it wasn't for that long, and I believe you really only slowed down the hatch with this. It was a bad time for that to happen for sure but it just wasn't that long nor was it that cold in the incubator.
Thank you! Appreciate the good thoughts. Unfortunately, there's been no further action in the eggs. Fingers crossed gor some pipped eggs today

Back
Top Bottom