Power Went out for 8 Hours Last Night!!!!~~~~Update~~~~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChrystalGail, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Songster

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Good luck silkiechicken! Let us know how things to. Waiting definatly is the hardest part of this whole thing! And to think I waited 9 long months for my human babies to come... How did I ever do it?!?!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Thanks, I'll start up my own hatching thread eventually so I don't hijack ChrystalGail's thread :p

3. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Songster

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Hey, I may be an only child, but I'm not selfish! You can use my threads anytime you want!!! I love the company! BTW what kind of eggs do you have in the bator right now?

4. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Songster

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Okay, was that a dumb question? "What kind of eggs do you have? "silkiechicken"" I think that answers my question! HaHa... I can be a little dense sometimes!

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Haha. I only have 4 black silkie eggs in there. The rest are barn yard mixes. They will be mixed up with EE, RIR, Samon Fravole, Cochin, Black sexlink, Gold sexlink, and leghorn.... I wanted more chicks!!!!

I can't imagine having a child... that birthing process does not sound fun....

6. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Songster

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Just like hatching eggs, the waiting is the hardest part! The birthing process really isn't that bad if you have an epidural (which I have had with all 3!!!!). Why put yourself through that kind of pain if you don't have to?!?! Kids are so much fun! Plus, you get to share with them the fun things in life like hatching eggs!

My eggs are barn yard mixes also. I'm so excited to see what they will turn out to look like!

7. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Quote:[​IMG] I must be a sucker for punishment... my last baby was born at home - with a midwife and my hubby to help!
    The plus side was being up and about right away - I was showered and cleaned before Gillian was 2 hours old!

8. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Songster

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    I hope I don't offend you, but that is insane!!! [​IMG] I made it to 7cm with my baby girl and thought I was going to die! The pain was so intense all I could do was cry and say "I can't do this." You must be a strong woman!!!! [​IMG]

9. silkiebeginer

silkiebeginer Songster

Jul 31, 2007
    Ok i have to chime in on this,lol My 3 year old is Jillian, i had all 3 kids at the hospital, but i am pushy and hateful at times so i didn't let the nurses rule the roost. I showered as soon as I got my babies popped out. While they were getting weighed and measured i was in the shower. I also went home when each was 24 hours old. You just have to remember, the hospital works for you not you working for the hospital. They will try to take over a new mother if you let them. Or at least the ones here do. One even told me that because i was a red head i should not get up for at least an hour. I was a greater risk due to my red hair. Well I can't repete here what I told her,lol. All my kids stayed in the room with me as well. I can't believe some hospitals WANT to get the baby away from the mother. Too weird. But anyway thats my 2 cent worth,lol

Jennifer

10. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    ChrystalGail, any updates yet? Did you get a chance to candle the eggs again? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for ya'! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: