1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Powering poultry netting

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by wwise56, Apr 17, 2017.

1. wwise56

wwise56 New Egg

Apr 8, 2017
    I'm interested in the electric poultry netting for expanding my safe zone ranging abilities. I have a livestock high tensile fence next to the coop that's already grounded and highly functional. Any reason I can't just hook up to that for my power source?

2. Hillaire

Hillaire Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2017
    Hudson Valley NY
    If you expand it off of the other fence you may run into a problem with hit power (voltage), what do you have running the other fence?

3. wwise56

wwise56 New Egg

Apr 8, 2017
    It a Patriot PMX-50 electric charger.

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I’d call Premier and chat with them. That Patriot sounds like their equipment.

To me it sounds like it could be done, but they should be able to help you. I’ve chatted with them a couple of times and they’ve been pretty honest with me. To me the issues would be to make sure the hot sides are hot and the grounds are grounded. As mentioned, voltage could be an issue. Sometimes there are little tricks to make it work better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by