Practice Makes Perfect! Practice Posting a Reply on the New System Here!

sunny & the 5 egg layers

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
This thread is for everyone who wants to practice with posting a reply on the new system. Rather then flooding other threads with huge fonts, many smileys, font colors ect you may do it here, in this thread.

oh cool... I am trying to put in a video from youtube but I can't seem to work it out...

oh wow you can simply choose any pic from your computer without having to load it into BYC and copy and past ect...that is awesome and so much easier

now just to put in a video...

You may be able to load a video by clicking that little movie icon next to the photo one:
After you click it you paste the link to your youtube video in the little box that shows up:

Then click submit and it *should* work for you.

Uploading photos is a whole lot easier then it was on the old website.

Take Care Now,
Sunny & the 5 egg layers

wow it worked....that is awesome...now can i do this straight from my phone?????? or does it always have to go through youtube?

I had to work out how to get the video URL from the youtube vid...that was my sticking point..the actual doing on here was easy...

Last edited:
Hi.This is my first post on the new system, just seeing whether I can do it. I'm glad to hear posting pictures is easier here. I'll try that when there is a need; probably won't be long as I'm on the crochet threads and we're all picture fans there. Cheers.

Well lets see if the shows up...been trying to post all afternoon...I don't know what is going on. Even tried to pm a moderator for help...that would not work either. I change my editor so maybe this will go through now.

This is loading soooo slow. I am in a rural area with dial-up..don't think I am going to like this..

Testing the spoiler warning! This is pretty cool (I think, will see when I click ok! :)
I am liking the new BYC, it's working a lot better than it was this morning, and I'm finding some pretty cool stuff now. This thread idea was actually great, because I'd feel silly doing this anywhere else.

Oh and that chicken pic in the second post is hilarious and adorable! I like the fluffy shoulder chicken.

Now testing out posting a pic:

A little bit of a delay getting pics to post, I'm going to try a youtube vid quick (sorry I don't have any chicken vids handy, so here goes my amphibious fish)

And last, added a picture as an attachment to see how that is different from just using the picture icon! (also seems slow right now to do an attachment)

I like this thread!
thumbsup.gif

wow it worked....that is awesome...now can i do this straight from my phone?????? or does it always have to go through youtube?

I had to work out how to get the video URL from the youtube vid...that was my sticking point..the actual doing on here was easy...
For future reference, this is how you get a link:
On the very top of your page that you want to link to, you should see this:

Right click the http://wwwyoutube/watch...... and left click "copy"
Post a reply and paste that link into this box:

Click submit and you should be all set.

I am not sure if you will be able to post a video from your phone or if it has to be from youtube. You certainly can try it though!

Back
Top Bottom