Prairie Bluebell - male or female?

littlechickenroo

In the Brooder
May 14, 2022
Does this prairie bluebell look like a male or female? It's around 7 weeks old.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 68
Agree with @Party_Chicken but I dont believe that is a Prairie BB. Granted, they do come in a lot of different colors, but you wouldnt find that one that is solid black.

If you look at the pads of her feet, and they are white, you have a Black Australorp. If they are yellow, a Jersey Giant :) Both will lay brown eggs.

Agree with @Party_Chicken but I dont believe that is a Prairie BB. Granted, they do come in a lot of different colors, but you wouldnt find that one that is solid black.

If you look at the pads of her feet, and they are white, you have a Black Australorp. If they are yellow, a Jersey Giant :) Both will lay brown eggs.
Australorps really "shouldn't" have those light eyes though, that I see on my green eggers. Obviously that's not a "breed breaker" when it comes to hatchery quality, but j/s. I think an Australorp should also have a bit more sheen by this point, but maybe I'm not remembering 100% when that really becomes apparent.

I do have a Prairie Bluebell Hen from Hoover's and she is solid black.
Sorry can't figure out how to attach a photo.

I have two solid black BBE from Hoover as well! Do you have updated pictures mine are 14 weeks and look like yours so I curious. Praying for pullets 😊

Back
Top Bottom