Prayer request.... New prayer request page 4

hugs.gif
I am so glad that things are going good for you. I hope the girls continue to be a part of there father's family. I know that was a hard thing to do when my dad past. It just isn't the same.

I am so happy that GrannyPat took some of your babies. That is one less thing you have to worry about. I bet those Millies did miss you. Beside there will be plenty of time later on for some more fluffy butts. This is more important right now. I pray that the burden of making these arrangements over the next few weeks will be lite.

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayer's.

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
My father-in-law is in the hospital. Renal failure. Doesn't look good.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

My youngest adores Pops and has no other grandfathers left.
And of course, no father, either.

I'm too raw to cope with this very well.
hit.gif

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I really wish I was closer. I know the Lord doesn't put anymore on you than you can handle, but at times like this you wonder. Hang in there Lori, there has got to be light at the end of the tunnel
hugs.gif

Tell those girls to be strong. I will be praying for Pops and your family!!

Last edited:
The power of prayer is truly an amazing thing.
Pops revived enough to wake up, try to talk, and move his hands and feet. They still can't get his sugar level stable and don't know why. So he's not out of the woods, but we have a little more time to cope with Life.

DH's brothers are headed to IL to help his sister cope with all that Pops is going through. They want DH to stay with us and work through issues here as long as possible.

DH still feels like this is the beginning of the end for Pops. But any additional time is a blessing.

Pops is in bad shape. Can't walk, bad chest cold going into pneumonia we think. No insurance (he hadn't paid premiums) so they tried to send him home from the ICU! Sheesh. DH's other brothers and sister are dealing with it right now so DH can stay here with us.

Then yesterday we get a call from ex-sis-in-law. Ex M-I-L had a heart attack Monday night! They did stents and think she will be okay. She may go home this weekend.

DD2 is coping with all this as best she can. She really wants keepsakes, so we're planning a quilt from her fathers shirts and ties. She gave him most of the ties and the crafters thread had some great ideas for it. She's sent cards to Pops and her Nan telling them to hang in there!!

DD1 is avoiding thinking about any of it.
We're having a skating party for her tonight to make up for her missing her 16th birthday. Sweet girl didn't want to call it a birthday party, since her friends families are having hard times and she didn't want anyone thinking they had to bring a gift.
But it's warmed my heart to hear excitement in her voice and see a sparkle in her eyes as this has all come together. We'll drive 10 teens to the rink ourselves and at least 5 more will meet us there. I'm praying everything goes smoothly and this sweet girl of mine has a blast tonight!!

In the meantime, DH and I look at each other every so often, hug, and mutter, "Just keep swmming." Because if we think too much about it all we feel overwhelmed. We can't be in IL, NC and TN all at the same time. So we focus on here and plug along as best we can.

I really appreciate all your prayers and support. Brings tears to my eyes when I think about it.! Thank you all sooooo much!
hugs.gif

That's a lot to hit all at once. I like the quilt idea. And dd2 will come to grieve in her own way...just give her time, patience, understanding, and love.

May God grant you and your family members the strength to carry on and may love and memories be cherished during these time. In Jesus's name, Amen.

I love the skating rink...have fun!

hugs,
g

Back
Top Bottom