Prayer Shawls

Laskaland

ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn
11 Years
Aug 2, 2008
Nebraska
My mom just gave me one (I'm not ill). I do not knit or crochet, but I was wondering if anyone is involved in this ministry and I could possibly send you yarn to make some up for me? I have two ladies I would like to share these with but there is no local group for me to contact.
Thanks so much
christina

Have you thought about trying to learn knitting?
I have a very simple triangle prayer shawl that a beginner knitter could do. It only involves casting on, garter stitch, a yarn over increase, and binding off.

There is one even easier that isn't triangle in shape but more like a VERY wide scarf that would only involve cast on, garter stitch, and bind off...

Also, for what it's worth... If you can do it with yarn, I pretty much do it.
I knit, crochet, and use the Knifty Knitter Looms.
You should look up the Knifty Knitter Looms if you are too intimidated to try knitting or crocheting. They sell the Long Looms that you could easily make the wide scarf type shawl on. My 7 year old daughter literally picked up the whole technique and was "knitting" on the loom in less than 5 minutes.
I also learned how to Crochet alot faster than I learned Knitting. In 15 minutes I was chaining, single chocheting, and double crocheting.
I would say that the Looms are the easiest to learn, followed by Crocheting, and then Knitting.

It's not as hard as you think!

And, after all of that, if you have not decided to try it for yourself, PM me and we can chat about me or my daughter knitting them up for you. How many do you need?
There are GREAT vids about looming, crocheting, and knitting on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom