Prayers & good thoughts for my roo Thor please

May be worth a try: give him some vitamin B12 and vit. E in his food for one week, sometimes helps with lameness in the legs, worked for my hen who was suddenly unable to walk, but otherwise was fine, she is just fine now. Also, some electrolyte solution in his water. Hope he gets better, he is beautiful.

Quote:
Worth a shot. Thanks
smile.png

One of my Leghorn girls limped for about a week. I looked at her foot several nights, but never could find anything wrong. It seemed like bending her toes was bothering her, but they weren't swollen or anything noticeable wrong. Fortunately she healed up on her own time, hopefully Thor will too!!

Poor Thor

I hope he recovers quickly.

Is there anyway you can stop him from jumping up/down to the roost for a couple days - give that muscle a bit of a break? (a broody
ya.gif
) Understand the crate is taken, but maybe a laundry basket turned upside down and tuck him and a fav girlie in there at night might keep him on the floor of the coop?

Quote:
I've been going out there to lift him on the roost at night and this morning I lifted him out of the coop. There's steps, but he always jumps right over them.
Of course I can't be out there when they wake up to get him off the roost, but it's only 18" high and I deep litter method, so it's not that high of a jump for him.

My large splash Orp Versace also refuses to use the "stairs" and will fling his petite almost 15 pounds to the ground. This is causing me to re-do the roost in his coop - lower to the ground
smile.png

I tell him all the time he is going to hurt himself - now I will tell him Thor's story as proof.

Back
Top Bottom