Prayers needed for my Grammy...She's passing :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 19hhbelgian, Oct 18, 2009.

1. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Well, today while at the emergency vet clinic with 1 of our dogs, we got a call from my cousin. She said my Grammy is in the hospital and it wasn't looking too good. We went straight down, and they said she'd had a major stroke, but they had to do more catscans and all that. The doctor came in and said they found an anurism(sp.?) in her brain, and it is only a matter of time [​IMG] I take solace in the fact that she is unconscious, and will simply go to sleep, but I'm just kind of like [​IMG] [​IMG] They took her off the ventilator (she has a DNR), and she is breathing on her own, but the anurism is there, and they cannot do anything about it. I just want her to be at peace, and to go knowing we love her, and her spirit will always live on... Send thoughts for a peaceful passing if you feel it's appropriate, Thank You

2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I'm so very sorry hun. The best memories in my life were with my grandmother.

Sending you lots of hugssss

Laurie

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Grandmas are awesome and it sounds like you love yours very much.

Know that you are being lifted up in prayers for peace and strength.

Blessings,
    Kim

4. lovemychickies

lovemychickies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Northern CA!!
    I am glad that her dnr is being honored and it sounds like you are all respecting and honoring her very much.

I send wishes for a restful, comfortable and peaceful passing. if we can feel the love you have for her on byc, rest assured that she can feel it too.

Blessings and sweet dreams. [​IMG]

5. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    [​IMG] to you, belgian, and your family.

6. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Grammys are the greatest!

It is so hard to see them go! Hold her hand and talk to her (even if she isn't alert she can still hear you). Let her know how much you love her! You won't regret it!

Hugs to you [​IMG]

Cindy

7. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I think it is absolutely appropriate to pray for a peaceful passing. God bless you, your Grammy, and your family at this time.

[​IMG]

8. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Thank you guys SO much [​IMG] She is still with us this morning, but running a fever - still asleep though. Grammy is a very strong willed person, and she would scold us if we didn't honor her wishes [​IMG]

On another note... We had to have the priest at the hospital say her last rights. He was terrible! Not professional at all - mumbled through the prayers, and tried to make jokes! [​IMG] The first to stop by was an Indian woman, who told us she was a chaplain for the hospital and that the priest would be in in a few minutes. I told my DH that we should have let her give the last rights because she would have done a better job! I know it wouldn't have been the right way according to the church, but geeze, there's gotta be exceptions in there somewhere!! [​IMG]

Thanks again!

9. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

10. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]