Prayers needed for some dear friends

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ginasmarans, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    A couple at my church,Kirby and Leta,needs your prayers. Kirby has just been told he has a malignant tumor on his pancreas. It is not pancreatic cancer,which is a blessing,but it is a very rare type of cancer and removing it will be very difficult. There are only a handful of surgeons that will even attempt it.They are a dear,sweet,couple who love God and are very active in His Kingdom's work. Please keep them in your prayers,because we know there is power in prayer. Thanks!!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I will pray for your friends.

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

will do ; there's no distance in prayer. I don't know them or anything about their situation other than what you shared, but God knows all about them and what they need. We pray that healing comes quickly whether by miracle or by the hand of the surgeon, and that the presence of the Holy Spirit brings peace and comfort to this family and to those who love and care about them.

4. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    i will pray

5. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I work in a Christian Clinic and will put your friend on the prayer board- we've seen some amazing, miraculous work!

6. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Prayers coming Kirby's way [​IMG]

Lisa [​IMG]

7. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Thanks so much you guys. I am truly touched by the quick response, I'm crying from the sheer emotion of it. This place is great.

8. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    :aww

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Dear Heavenly Father,
    Maker of Heaven and Earth, we gather here today in the very name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, to send this prayer up to Your prayer basket to lift up Kirby and Leta along with the other people in our lives we know are dealing with cancer, and we ask You to strengthen them in this time, to renew their strength and their might like you do the eagle's wings and to carry them when they are feeling low. We also ask you to send courage and tremendous love not only their way but to put it in the hearts of their loved ones, family and friends, so they may be that beacon of light...that spark of hope to live each day with faith, kindness, love, and a gentle but strong and ENDURING Spirit which we know is given to us by the Grace of God. Lord, hear our prayers. Amen.

Love in Christ,
    Gretchen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by