Prayers needed

HopieGirl4Ever

The Chook Artist
5 Years
Oct 23, 2014
At my Desk
I hope I posted this in the right place.

Today my favorite hen and best friend Hopie went missing. I've been searching, but haven't found any signs of her, no feathers, etc. I didn't realize she was missing until it was already dark outside.

Please send prayers that she may be found... Thank you.

Praying you find her safe!
hugs.gif
Have you checked under any shrubs in the area? She may have gone broody and be sitting on a clutch of eggs somewhere. If this is the case, it will probably be easier to find her at night with a flashlight. They love to make their nests under prickly shrubs and thistles. Please keep us updated and I hope you find her soon!

Thanks guys! BYC didn't show me any responses until just now
hmm.png

I am sorry to say I haven't found her, or any signs/feathers. I've looked pretty much everywhere. We have had some problems with a stray dog recently, so I have a feeling she's probably gone
sad.png

@KYTinpusher , I have looked in some shrubs and bushes. Hopie was known for going broody, so I thought of that too, but she'd always brood in a nest box...

Thanks again. Will keep you updated.

I am very sorry @HopieGirl4Ever !!! The exact thing happened to me yesterday!! It had stormed yesterday afternoon so before it stormed I counted all of the chickens to make sure they were all there (they free range and I didn't close them up, they usually go under our deck or into the coop when it rains) Anyway, I didn't think to check on them and I went out that evening at 7:30 p.m. to close them up and I was counting them when I figured out she was missing, I looked for her everywhere, no sound or sight of her. Pretty soon the whole family was out looking for her, we still haven't found a feather or trace of her. I am hoping my hen has gone broody too, I've looked everywhere for her. We have around 20 acres and half of that is woods so she could be anywhere. Its stormed and rain really hard last night and still no sign of her today, I know what your dealing with. We even asked our neighbors if they'd seen her and they hadn't but they had seen some coyotes :( I'm thinking that's what caught her. Coyotes or a fox, I will pray for you and I pray she's just broody (Hoping the same thing with my hen) Keep looking!!
hugs.gif

I am very sorry @HopieGirl4Ever !!! The exact thing happened to me yesterday!! It had stormed yesterday afternoon so before it stormed I counted all of the chickens to make sure they were all there (they free range and I didn't close them up, they usually go under our deck or into the coop when it rains) Anyway, I didn't think to check on them and I went out that evening at 7:30 p.m. to close them up and I was counting them when I figured out she was missing, I looked for her everywhere, no sound or sight of her. Pretty soon the whole family was out looking for her, we still haven't found a feather or trace of her. I am hoping my hen has gone broody too, I've looked everywhere for her. We have around 20 acres and half of that is woods so she could be anywhere. Its stormed and rain really hard last night and still no sign of her today, I know what your dealing with. We even asked our neighbors if they'd seen her and they hadn't but they had seen some coyotes :( I'm thinking that's what caught her. Coyotes or a fox, I will pray for you and I pray she's just broody (Hoping the same thing with my hen) Keep looking!!
hugs.gif

Aww I'm so sorry about that! I will send prayers for your hen as well
hugs.gif

I'd seen a stray dog in our yard earlier that day, so I would assume it was him... But there weren't any feathers or anything! And the chickens weren't acting very scared, so I assumed that the dog had just arrived. If it wasn't for the lack of any feathers, I would be sure she was gone...
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom