Prayers please, for gentle passings. update :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, May 25, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

DH (currently in Afghanistan)'s grandparents (Betty and John) are both dying. He won't be able to go to any funerals, and the kids and I can't afford to travel 3000 miles anyway. His grandmother has serious alzheimers/dementia, and in some ways, her passing will be a blessing, as she is physically unwell too. Her husband who is mentally still sharp, fell and broke his hip a month ago, and is still in the hospital with a series of complications, and it is doubtful he'll leave alive. So I'd really appreciate it if all you practiced pray-ers would send a few words up to Him, to ask for a peaceful passing for both of them, if it is His will. Also, MIL, who has been taking care of them, is very upset (obviously), and could use some peace herself. Thank you all!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    May god bless you all. [​IMG]

5. duckchic16

duckchic16 Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2010
    Southern California
    [​IMG] I am so sorry to hear that, I will pray for you and your family I hope that life will get easy for you and that you all get well. God Bless!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] You are all in my thoughts and Prayers. God Bless

7. chickensducks&agoose

Both are still alive, and have made it past my MIL's birthday, which is good, keep the prayers coming! Thanks!

8. chickensducks&agoose

Dh's grandma passed last night, and is out of pain. thank you for your prayers. please keep praying for Dh's grandfather, who is also dying, and is so heartbroken over his wife, and is ready to see her again. thank you.

9. Chicken Chaperone

Chicken Chaperone Chillin' With My Peeps

We're sending all kinds of good prayers to your DH's grandfather that things will go as well for him as they possibly can
    and that the rest of your family finds as much peace as they can in this difficult time. Our hearts and
    prayers go out to you and yours! [​IMG]

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Prayers from Montana [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by