Prayers please.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickendiva25, Aug 18, 2011.

1. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Well, school is starting up again, and yes, that is the reason I need prayers. Because, see, I'm somewhat of a procrastinator (Sp?) and am a slacker. I really do hate to admit that, but is true and I'm am trying to fix that. [​IMG] But for the the past few years, I've been putting my school work off and doing things I would want to do, and not what I should be doing. So, I've gotten somewhat behind in my school work, and never finished. Its really hard to feel that guilt during the summer too..... [​IMG] BUT, this year I plan on changing that. I've been making a daily schedule, and putting my school and chores first before doing the things I would like to first in my day. [​IMG] So far, so good!

So, yeah, if you guys could keep me in your prayers and/or thoughts, that would be MUCH appreciated. [​IMG]

Thank you for reading! [​IMG] chickendiva25
    (Ps. I am a homeschooler. [​IMG] )

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know a very good slackers prayer,from experience,so you got it [​IMG]

3. chickendiva25

Quote:[​IMG] Thank you! [​IMG]

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Wishing you a good year.Do you have a goal in mind? Some type of work you want to do,and the steps that need to be taken to reach that goal?

My dd intends to get her GED instead of attending high school,but my son is planning on high school for the science and math labs.They are still undecided on specific jobs,but are open to anything for an income to meet basic needs in the beginning.I have a friend whose adult kids do not work AT ALL,so I am working hard to avoid that in my own.

Time passes so fast.My homeschooling friends have kids that are almost grown.Many are going off to various colleges or entering the work force. I am sure you will find your routine and a daily structure that will please you.The work you are doing is for you and not doing anything will only hurt you.Parents will tolerate much. I shudder looking at the adult kids my friend has ended up with who not only do not work,but also do not help her in any way. I rememeber when they were little kids and the possibilities were endless for them.

What you want to do and what you SHOULD be doing can be one and the same.Find a way to make that work.Once the basics of math,reading,and writing are under your belt you can focus on interests.If you are lucky you can figure out a way to make an income from those interests. If my kids were schooling at home I would want them to do chores,then their school work,and then their personal activities(like music or video games).

Again best wishes.

5. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers!

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello! You sound very motivated this year, and that's great! Take one day at a time, and stay organized, and I'll bet you will have a wonderful school year.

When you stay focused, and keep things up to date and finished on time, you will have this awesome feeling of self accomplishment. (I'm not kidding!) That feeling is sooo great! You will feel so good about yourself!

So you're off to a good start! I'm cheering for you! (And praying that you have the strength to keep up the good work) I know you will do good!

Keep in touch if you need someone to help motivate you!

Sharon

7. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I'm the same way when it comes to school work...for me, procrastination seems to be more of a 'talent' than a bad habit. [​IMG]

Praying for both of us that we get our work finished in time without too much stress! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. chickendiva25

Quote:Thank you for the tips, they're all very helpful! [​IMG]

And thank you all for the prayers. [​IMG]

9. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Heck I didnt even do any work and I made honor roll all year long. All I do is do good on tests hahaha

10. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:That's not helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by