1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pre-Spring Mixed Orp Eggs ~Lavender~Isabel~B/B/S~Split~ 10+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Feb 26, 2011.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm relisting!

>>

This pen is mixed for the Winter and as I separate, I'll sell eggs since their production has picked up. Some of the pics show birds other than Orps, but those are older pics, and these have been Orps only for months. My birds are big, heavy, friendly, productive layers, and we select for size, shape and temperament. The color projects will be separated in March.

We have 6 Isabel F1s, which will produce either an incomplete Gold-Laced Split to Lavender or Isabels. We have Lavenders, Blue, Splash, and Lavender Split. All eggs will be split to or showing Lavender. These are housed together. I will provide 8+ fresh eggs, based on what they give me. The previous winners each got 12.

Because this is a mixed pen, I'm starting the eggs low, but keeping the auction short, so keep an eye on it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<<

2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    candled at day 5. 10 of 12 orps going!

3. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Woohoo!!

I hatched a bucket of them today- more going still!

4. CalypsoCreatures

CalypsoCreatures Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2010
    Very fluffy!

5. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    What color is Isabel, pardon dumb question. I think your birds are lovely, just have never heard of that color.

6. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Isabel is gold and black both diluted by the Lavender gene. It looks like a straw color with a lavender color. Porcelain is simply a Mille Fleur diluted by Lavender, so if you look at a Porcelain and ignore the white spangles, that's an Isabel. Here is an F1 from the Isabel project:

[​IMG]

And here's a Porcelain (different breed, obviously):

[​IMG]

I'd show you a pic of an Isabel Orp, but I haven't got any to show you- my first hatch was a loss due to malfunctions, and this is a very new project.

I hope I get to hatch the first! Maybe tomorrow!

7. Elly_Mae

Elly_Mae Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2010
    Suwannee County, FL
    Quote:Lucky, not one hatched for me. I don't understand it. Non-shipped eggs in there hatched. Just not these.

So depressing, I really think there's a ^%$&( at my post office. [​IMG]

8. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Very pretty. Looks like the project is going nicely.

9. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Lucky, not one hatched for me. I don't understand it. Non-shipped eggs in there hatched. Just not these.

Elly, you got a ZERO hatch? That's never happened before, I don't think, from mine!! pm me and we'll get more out to you!

10. Elly_Mae

Elly_Mae Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2010
    Suwannee County, FL

Elly, you got a ZERO hatch? That's never happened before, I don't think, from mine!! pm me and we'll get more out to you!

Yep, zero. Never happened to me before either. [​IMG]

PM sent.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by