Predatator in the house......not!

Marion565

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 18, 2010
North Texas, Dallas Area
So we went out for dinner last night, I really, really thought I had closed the door to the bathroom.....

My (11) 4 day old chicks are in a homemade brooder in the bathroom, open top and all. I also have a three legged cat that stays inside after his incounter with the neighbour's dogs about a year ago.

We had a wonderful time and came home around 10 pm, my 5 big girls and their 2 roosters had put themselfs up outside as they always do (they are so smart, gotta love them)

When I got into the house and saw the bathroom door wide open my heart stopped, I thought Smokey (the cat) for sure had gotten hungry and these fuzzbutts would make a great snack.

As I slowly walked up to the bathroom door I did not even hear one little peep.......
I collected all my courage and prepared myself for the bloodbath that I was about to see....

There was Smokey just sitting next to the brooder watching the little fuzzbutts and they were all just as happy as can be sleeping cuddled up together.

So I guess, if there is something to learn from my story, it is that you should train your cats that it is only time to eat when they hear the can opener.....

OMG, my heart stopped!! I could hardly go past the seeing the door opened part. I am glad for a happy ending.

Back
Top Bottom