Predator eyes saddle apron for rooster

Works for butterflies... du'nit?
:oldIndeed!!!
Screenshot_20191211-151229_Google.jpg

View attachment 1979942
i can see these attached on a saddle but still not sure what good it might do. it also might be a really interesting thing for the other chickens to peck at.
good luck! your rooster is beautiful!
:frowThank you!
:oldHe survived a dog attack when he was just a wee pullet!
:loveAnd now that he's grown into a beautiful rooster I'd like to do everything possible to keep him alive.

Fine!:tongue

I just don't want him to die:oops:

I think you're remembering the Hen Saver saddles. I love mine. Years in, I have yet to have one broken.

Their Large size is actually too big for the vast majority of my mixed breed and mutt flock. The Extra Large size is HUGE. So, you should find one that fits. If you get him one that's too big, it will rub on his tail.

Here's the link, the 'predator eyes' option is down the list a ways. I would go SINGLE strap- never a fan of anything going around any animal's neck like the double strap does.

https://crazy-k-farm.myshopify.com/collections/poultry/products/custom-hen-saver-hen-apron-saddle

You can put spikes on the saddle. They make these for dogs.
lead_720_405.jpg
:gigOMGoodness!
:oldI've got an image in my head of what my rooster would look like with that "spiked" vest on!:oops:
:popHe'd fit in just fine at a Lady Gaga concert, but he would probably lose any & all street cred if he shows up in the yard wearing that!
:lauLOL!
I think you're remembering the Hen Saver saddles. I love mine. Years in, I have yet to have one broken.
Their Large size is actually too big for the vast majority of my mixed breed and mutt flock. The Extra Large size is HUGE. So, you should find one that fits. If you get him one that's too big, it will rub on his tail.
Here's the link, the 'predator eyes' option is down the list a ways. I would go SINGLE strap- never a fan of anything going around any animal's neck like the double strap does.

https://crazy-k-farm.myshopify.com/collections/poultry/products/custom-hen-saver-hen-apron-saddle
:yesss:Yep, that's the website! Thank you!
:highfive:I couldn't remember where I'd seen them for anything.
:confused:I've a mind like a steel trap, unfortunately I'm unable to retrieve most of my stored information.:barnie
:cafMy brain doesn't have a very effective filing &/or retrieval system, probably time for an upgrade!:pop

:eek:Oh, oh, oh!!!
:oldI saw a "new" BIRD-OF-FREAKING-PREY yesterday!!!
:rantNever EVER had seen one of these birds here!
:cafI think it was a white-tailed kite!
:thIt flew in low & slow and slammed right into the welded wire fence of the goat yard.
:popHave any of y'all had any losses from this type of B.O.P?
:flOr do they mainly stick with rodents?

Back
Top Bottom