Predator eyes saddle apron for rooster

Pics

Pennys Mama

🦃Jake~Jake's 👩🏽‍⚕️Nurse & 🐣Hatchaholic
Oct 12, 2019
LeFlore County, Oklahoma
I'm trying to find a saddle apron for a BIG white elephant, I mean rooster! I saw one somewhere that was made with material that looked like huge owl eyes. Now I can't find it again. If any of y'all have seen such a thing please let me know. I'm hoping the young rooster wouldn't be too embarrassed to wear it as long as it keeps him alive.

You can put spikes on the saddle. They make these for dogs.
lead_720_405.jpg

I'm trying to find a saddle apron for a BIG white elephant, I mean rooster! I saw one somewhere that was made with material that looked like huge owl eyes. Now I can't find it again. If any of y'all have seen such a thing please let me know. I'm hoping the young rooster wouldn't be too embarrassed to wear it as long as it keeps him alive.
For custom made poultry saddles and other decorative things for poultry, contact @OneMountainAcres via a conversation.

You can put spikes on the saddle. They make these for dogs.
lead_720_405.jpg
:gigOMGoodness!
:oldI've got an image in my head of what my rooster would look like with that "spiked" vest on!:oops:
:popHe'd fit in just fine at a Lady Gaga concert, but he would probably lose any & all street cred if he shows up in the yard wearing that!
:lauLOL!
I think you're remembering the Hen Saver saddles. I love mine. Years in, I have yet to have one broken.
Their Large size is actually too big for the vast majority of my mixed breed and mutt flock. The Extra Large size is HUGE. So, you should find one that fits. If you get him one that's too big, it will rub on his tail.
Here's the link, the 'predator eyes' option is down the list a ways. I would go SINGLE strap- never a fan of anything going around any animal's neck like the double strap does.

https://crazy-k-farm.myshopify.com/collections/poultry/products/custom-hen-saver-hen-apron-saddle
:yesss:Yep, that's the website! Thank you!
:highfive:I couldn't remember where I'd seen them for anything.
:confused:I've a mind like a steel trap, unfortunately I'm unable to retrieve most of my stored information.:barnie
:cafMy brain doesn't have a very effective filing &/or retrieval system, probably time for an upgrade!:pop

:old butterfly size to a chicken would be the same as a small bird to a hawk :plbb:frow
The point is that butterflies are trying to deter birds that would fear predators. I doubt that hawks or owls would be deterred by something they do not naturally fear (ground dwelling predators).

Back
Top Bottom